Q: Car lock symbol is on my Chevy hhr and while driving my garage for the rpm, mph, and temperature will fall

asked by on September 24, 2017

The car lock symbol is on and when driving the rpm, mph, and temp gauges all shut down the kick back in

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

What you are describing is an electrical malfunction. Although multiple gauges are affected, the underlying fault may be common; the wiring diagram would be your guide to the possibility of a common failure point such as a relay, terminal, and so forth. Whatever the cause, a Mechanic would simply trace the circuit, using the wiring diagram in the Factory Service Manual, find the wiring or device fault that is causing the interruption in power and repair it. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr