Q: Brake light illuminated on the dash

The dashboard in my truck has been showing the brake light illuminated. It is on all the time. I had the switch tested and it has continuity when the E-brake is turned off. I had the third brake light replaced. However, the dash is still showing the brake light on and I won't be able to pass the inspection. What should I do?

A: Hello. The brake fluid level switch is prob...

Hello. The brake fluid level switch is probably getting stuck in the master cylinder causing the light to stay on. There could also be a leak in the brake system which would cause the light to stay on. What is more likely, is that there is a problem with the hydraulic part of your braking system. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the braking system, in order to pinpoint the problem.