Q: Brake light illuminated on the dash

The dashboard in my truck has been showing the brake light illuminated. It is on all the time. I had the switch tested and it has continuity when the E-brake is turned off. I had the third brake light replaced. However, the dash is still showing the brake light on and I won't be able to pass the inspection. What should I do?

Hello. The brake fluid level switch is probably getting stuck in the master cylinder causing the light to stay on. There could also be a leak in the brake system which would cause the light to stay on. What is more likely, is that there is a problem with the hydraulic part of your braking system. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the braking system, in order to pinpoint the problem.