Q: getting major sputtering/jerking when accelerating or sometimes aftet a slowdown to 1500-2000 rpms. Is bank 1 sensor 2 fr or rear

asked by on June 29, 2017

Engine is 2.0 t. Car jerks and sputters when accelerating hard to pass. Also when slowdown to turn with mild acceleration. Can you give me some ideas where to start?

Also getting code bank 1 sensor 2 error code. Is the the sensor right at the back of the motor or the one after the cat?

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In general, when a vehicle sputters and is hard to accelerate, it is due to either a fuel or ignition system component failure. Although the O2 sensors are installed withing the exhaust system, they impact the fuel delivery and mixture of the vehicle. In your case, there are a few important items that could be causing this problem. One item to check would be the mass air flow sensor. In many cases, this will become clogged with excessive carbon debris and cause either a lean or rich fuel situation, which can cause misfiring and acceleration problems. It’s also possible for dirty air and fuel filters, fuel injectors or the throttle body needing to be cleaned that can cause this problem. The first thing I would do is have a professional mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, so they can diagnose the vehicle’s problems and identify the source of this problem; so the right repairs can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr