Q: Brakes make squeaking noise on 2006 BMW 530xi

The brakes on my car are making squeaking noise. Several weeks ago, I replaced the rotors on the rear brakes with new ones. I had them recently cleaned as well. Most recent repair was the sensors and pads replacement. After all this, there is still some squeaking noticeable. What should I do?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2006 BMW 530xi. If the rear has been fully investigated and repaired, the squeaking sound is likely coming from the front. The sound may be from warped rotors, worn pads, or glazed friction material coming from the front. I suggest that you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your front brakes in order to diagnose the squeaking while braking and make the appropriate repairs.