Q: My Pontiac G6 is hard shifting and engine light is on I got a resd out and it said cam crank sensor do U think that would cause it

asked by on February 28, 2017

My car is hard shifting and the engine light is U got a read out and it said cam crank sensor is going out do U think this would be the cause of my car hard shiftkng

It is very possible that a cam or crank sensor could cause the shifting perormance of the transmission to decrease. It is certainly possible to have a check engine light illuminated due to this issue. I would recommend a check engine light is on inspection to determine if the cam or crank sensor is performing within the manufacturer’s specification. If not, I would recommend having the cam or crank sensor replaced. Consider YourMechanic for this inspection as it can be done from your home or office.