Q: Gettin s light brown coolant color wit s sweat smell was wondering how to tell if it its jus the fitting or the radiator itself

asked by on August 14, 2017

My coolant is a light brown color almost like chocolateilk but jus a lil lighter with a sweat smell so was wondering how to tell if it's just the cooler line fittings or the actual cooler I think my is inside my radiator not sure exactly tho..

Your coolant is sweet smelling and is normal. The oil in the coolant is not normal and is most likely caused by the transmission oil cooler inside the radiator that is leaking. First remove the oil cap and look for the same milky color indicating an leaking intake or head gasket leaking. If oil is full and looks clean and cap is clean then you need to replace the radiator and flush out the cooling system and top of the transmission fluid.