Q: Where can I find the transmission number?

Where can I find the transmission number?

A: Like the engine number, your transmission n...

Like the engine number, your transmission number will only be required in a handful of instances. However, knowing where to find it is important. It’s located in different places depending on your transmission and engine size.

• 4 Cylinder Automatic: If you have a 4-cylinder engine and an automatic transmission, you’ll find the transmission number on the transmission itself, roughly centered on the top.

• 4 Cylinder Manual: If you have a manual transmission in your car, the number will be found at the far right end (front) of the transmission.

• V6 Engine: For V6 engines, the transmission number can be found slightly back from the center on top of the transmission.