Q: All lights are working except my tail lights. What's the problem?

Coming home from church last night, I noticed that my tail lights were not on. Brake lights and signal lights work but tail lights were not on. Had to use my flashers to get home safely.

A: The front and rear parking lights are on th...

The front and rear parking lights are on the same circuit, so first, check to see if the front parking lights are working. If the parking lights are not working with the headlight switch in the on position, then locate fuse number 22 in the fuse micro panel on the right front interior kick panel. This fuse will power the parking light relay that is in the same fuse micro panel. If the fuse is good, and it is a 15 amp fuse, then you will need to check the relay for the parking lights. Have the lighting control module scanned with a scanner that can access the body controls and lighting controls. This computer data will need to be checked to see if the lighting module is getting input from the light switch and is turning on the parking light relay. A proper scanner should be able to turn on and off the lights by bypassing the light control circuit for testing. If the lights cannot be turned on, then you may have a defective lighting relay; in this case, you should replace the relay and retest the lights. If you prefer to have a professional diagnose and repair this problem, contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your tail lights.