Q: I locked my keys inside my car and have no tools to get in and no access to a locksmith.

I locked my keys in my car by accident and now I have absolutely no way to get into my car. No locksmiths are open and I have no tools. I don't know what to do.

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The easiest way is to have a spare key. If you do not have a spare key, then get a coat hanger (metal) and stretch it all the way out. Bend the coat hanger so that you can fit it between the door window and the door, but keeping the coat hanger close to the door window. Push it far enough into the door to touch the unlock button. You may need to have the end bent a little if you have the pull up button design for door locks.

If the battery is dead and the door locks will not work, then make the end of the coat hanger like a loop to go around the door handle and then push out on the door handle inside the cab. The door should open.

If you need further assistance unlocking your car door, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your vehicle.