Q: Brake lights not working in a 2001 Ford Ranger

asked by on February 12, 2016

I have replaced all of the inline parts for the brake lights, and they still do not work.

Brake light is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Determining the problem with your truck tail lights requires testing the light switch to ensure that there is power going to it, and power also coming out of it when the switch is turned on. Then, it’s a good idea to follow the wiring with a test light, to insure that there is power going back to the lights. Obviously, you must ensure that the bulbs are good. Finally, if you are certain you have power to the lights, the next step is to check to see if you have a good ground for the lights, which can again be checked with the test light. Beyond this, you will need to take your truck to a qualified technician familiar with wiring and electrical systems to properly diagnose your brake light issue, and recommend the best path to repair.