Q: Hard to put the car into 1st and 2nd,a tiny bit hard in 3rd, rest are fine.

Car: Toyota Avensis (3ZZ-FE) (1.6vvti) engine (T220) molde I know you do most cars from U.S.A but I'l ask anyways, I'm from Ireland. The cars gears are hard to put into gear, the 2nd gear goes in easyer when the engine revs are over 2k 1st is hard to put in all the time. but sometime they go in easly other, you have to realy push them in.

A: The transmission internal gears have these ...

The transmission internal gears have these special rings that synchronizes the gears using a special blocking ring that work together to help the gears line up and make them go together without grinding. If these special rings are worn out, then the gears will not align unless the gear you’re are coming from and going to are turning at the same speed and align up to change. Your transmission would need to be removed and the transmission disassembled to replace any worn out parts. One other problem you may be having is the transmission clutch not completely disengaging the connection between the engine and the transmission. This may be caused from the clutch hydraulic system or the clutch itself.

Have a certified mechanic inspect the clutch to see if it is fully releasing by measuring the amount of throw the clutch lever is moving to determine if it is working properly. If the clutch is releasing then the transmission is the problem.