Q: How would you compare Audi A4 maintenance cost with Hyundai Sonata or BMW 3/4 Series? 2015 Audi A4

asked by on December 30, 2016

Looking to buy a new/used car. I am more concerned about the running/maintenance cost of these cars.

Hi there - the Audi A4 is a high-performance sedan, with aspirations to take over BMWs long-standing dominance in the small sedan market. It has a sophisticated, and complicated, powertrain with great performance and fuel economy, and a large quantity of sensitive electronics to keep everything under control. The Audi and BMW have similar maintenance profiles - frequent, and somewhat expensive, preventative and responsive maintenance costs. The Hyundai is a less sophisticated, but worthy competitor in this space - trading ultimate performance for lower initial and maintenance costs. The Hyundai is still a high-quality product with competitive creature comforts, if not ultimate driving experiences.

Hi there. In general, maintenance and repair costs for European cars, (Audi & BMW in this case) are significantly higher than the Hyundai in your inquiry. It’s also common for Audi’s to have more frequent maintenance requirements than a Hyundai. You might want to review each cars scheduled maintenance schedules to see which one is best suited for your needs.