Q: When purchasing engine/transmission mounts should the mounts be specific to an automatic or standard transmission?

asked by on September 13, 2017

I am just wondering if when purchasing engine/transmission mounts, does it matter whether the transmission is automatic or standard? Will the mounts fit either transmission?

If you want the mount that was engineered and manufactured specifically for your vehicle, you can order motor mounts from the dealer by VIN number. With regard to transmissions, the automatic versus manual transmission have different cases and thus necessarily the mounts to the vehicle frame are almost always different. There may even be differences in the engine mounts in the two cases (auto versus manual) and that is why the only reliable way to be sure the mounts you buy and install are actually the correct ones is to order by VIN number from a Toyota dealer. YourMechanic can install either OEM mounts (from Toyota) or aftermarket mounts. It is your choice. You will save money (typically but not always as some dealer parts prices can be the same as or lower than aftermarket prices) using the aftermarket mount but it is almost always a technically inferior product with a shorter service life, in my experience. If you desire motor mount replacement, you would first click on Motor Mount Replacement from YourMechanic’s Services Page. Then, once you land on the referred page for motor mounts, just click on "Get a quote"; quotes are generated instantly once you input your vehicle information. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.