Q: What do the turn signal/hazard indicator lights on the dash mean?

What do the turn signal/hazard indicator lights on the dash mean?

It’s important that you’re able to communicate things to other drivers – the intention to turn, for instance. When you go to turn your car from one road onto another, or into a driveway or parking lot, you use your turn signal. Flipping the stalk down (for left) or up (for right) turns on the front and rear turn signals outside your car. It also illuminates the corresponding light in your dashboard.

Your hazard lights are the same lights used to signal that you’re turning. When you press the hazard light button on your car, it turns on all four flashers at the same time. Both turn signal lights on the dash will also light up and flash in time with your hazards.

Tip

Turn your hazard lights off if you need to turn because they disable the turn signal function (all four lights are flashing).

3. What do the turn signal/hazard indicator lights on the dash mean?