Q: Vibration when accelerating at 55 to 60 mph

asked by on December 04, 2016

I just replaced motor mounts, they were all completely shot and I believe there a piece on my shaft that is causing serious wobble only in acceleration to 55 mph and gets worse at a higher speed. I've been told by a private mechanic it could be the carrier barring or the yolk? Any idea and thank you in advance

Jeremy

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there:

Sometimes motor mounts or other components that are damaged can mask or hide other issues that cause similar symptoms. Although it’s quite possible that the center bearing or transmission yoke could be bent and cause the vibration; those would typically shake from low speeds to higher speeds. What you’re describing seems more like a tire wheel balance issue than anything else. You might want to have your two front tires balanced at a tire shop first to see if this vibration goes away. If it does not, contact a local mobile mechanic and have them complete a vehicle is shaking of vibrating inspection; so they can determine what is causing this issue to occur.