Q: I put accidentally in reverse gear while driving foward

I moved my shifting gear into reverse while I was driving about 40 mph. It was about 60 seconds an the engine began a crackling sound. I corrected the shiftin stick and continued driving. When I stopped I had a hard time moving the shaft from drive to park an vice verse. I have continued driving an now it does not seem to have problem shifting, only I have to press harder my brake pedal. Did. I ruined anything thks

Hello. I think you should be okay to drive for now. You may have not initially caused any damage, however, I would recommend keeping an eye on things and paying special attention to the way it drives and to any Check Engine Lights that may come on. If you notice any worse driving symptoms from the car or any warning lights coming on, I would suggest having a local expert diagnose the transmission to make sure that this situation is treated correctly.