Q: Recommendation on oil changing intervals

I have a 2006 F150 driving only 3,000 miles a year. I use full synthetic and extended life filter. Can I go 15,000 miles or 5 years beteween oil changes or should I change it more often? Would any problems occur with a longer changing interval?

No, you sill have to change it once a year. That’s the problem with the engine oil. If you don’t use it much, then water builds up in it since, as you burn gasoline (which is nothing but hydrogen and carbon), one of the byproducts is water vapor. So the oil will get too much water in it and degrade, and the additive will start coming apart. So you really just need to change it once a year. If you only drive it 3,000 miles a year, you are throwing your money away on full synthetic oil. Just use regular oil and change it once a year. That’s what I would do if I were you.