Q: My car wouldn't revv above 3 rpm and when in motion, it doesn't exceed 2 rpm, as such, it doesn't select gear properly. The car

asked by on March 08, 2017

The car doesn't revv well. That is, if you try to revv when idling, it doesn't exceed 3 rpm, while in motion it doesn't exceed 2 rpm and the gear wouldn't select. No smoke!
My car has an automatic transmission. Honda Accord v6 2004.

Hi there. To be honest, this problem could be caused by multiple fuel system or ignition system components. Some common reasons that an engine won’t accelerate properly include dirty EGR valve, mass air flow sensors, or clogged fuel injectors / throttle body issues as well. Some ignition components such as damaged or worn out spark plugs or distributor cap can also cause this problem. In order to correctly diagnose this problem, it would be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a engine idle is rough inspection.