Q: My brake lights are not working, fuses are good

asked by on March 04, 2017

My suv brake lights are not working, fuses are good, third light is working what should I do? It is an 2008 ford edge

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It is possible both bulbs are burned out. The filament in each bulb should be tested with an ohmmeter. The bulbs can also be powered off the car to see if both filaments work but be wary of short circuits if you try something like that. If the bulbs are good, check for corrosion and/or faulty connections in the bulb socket, wiring, and/or terminals. Check for power at the bulb socket. If there is no battery voltage, obviously the circuit will have to be traced to find the fault. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a headlight bulb circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.