Q: Unknown part

asked by on October 07, 2017

There's an in line relay on the positive battery terminal cable that's grounded to the chassis and it's completely fried so much that it's melted to the case it is in. I need to replace it because it's causing all sorts of electrical problems but I can't find any information on what it's even called or where to get a new one/if it's even supposed to be on the car.

There should not be any inline relay on the battery cable. This may be some sort of aftermarket theft system installed and should be removed. I would recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic verify the relay is aftermarket and see why it got melted.