Q: 1993 chevy z71 4x4 auto trans stuck in limp mode 2 gear only

asked by on August 30, 2017

Somehow truck jump timing after resetting top dead center who's the distributor started it up and truck would not shift out of second gear replace transmission with a used transmission thinking transmission was bad still the same problems stuck in second gear found out limp mode I don't believe that it is a mechanical issue I think it's more of an electric issue electronic issue I replace the pigtails on the harness transmission harness I do know that the pigtail on that plugs into the transmission itself on the passenger side right at the plug itself and shave so much and from fluid leaking corrosion at 8 away the rubber around the wires and they eventually ended up touching my biggest question is can I bypass I don't know if I have a PCM I know I haven't ECC can I bypass something to just be able to shift manually and make sure that it's nothing mechanical

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi KC. Thanks for contacting us today. If I understand you correctly, you’re having a problem with the vehicle being stuck in second gear - even after replacing the transmission. If this is correct, the issue is electrical as you’ve assumed. In regards to bypassing this, that’s not something that we can recommend. The solution to this problem is to have the ECM scanned for the error code that is causing this and have that code removed. This inspection would also verify if the unit itself is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr