Q: Service stabilitrak and service traction control

asked by on November 20, 2016

While sitting in a drive thru, stabilitrak off came on a few minutes later traction control off came on. When I pulled out it said stabilitrak off/traction control off, service stabilitrak, service traction control. Both kept flashing on and off. The vehicle drives good, no check engine light yet. No other lights are on except a service tire monitor.

Hello. The stability control and traction control warning lights can trigger for several reasons. The first step you will want to take will be to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This will tell you what about the systems is malfunctioning. The ABS system works hand in hand with the traction control and it may have more to do with the ABS system then the traction control. Due to the lights flashing on and off, you may simply have a loose connection or wire. The service tire monitor is realistically the most important warning. If the tire monitoring system is failing on one or more tires, the traction control and stability control systems will not have the input from that sensor to make calculations. Start by having the vehicle scanned, and use that information to help the diagnosis.