Throttle response in 7.3 power stroke 1999 f-250 super du...

Q: Throttle response in 7.3 power stroke

asked by on November 20, 2017

My 1999 7.3 powerstroke which is a 6speed manual is having a delay in throttle in first and second not all the time though and after the delay it will rapidly accelerate more then I have the pedal pressed fuel filter is clean

Hi Blake. Thanks for sending in your question. Quite often, reduced acceleration with a turbo diesel is caused by excessive carbon build-up in the throttle body, the fuel injectors or even the glow plugs being worn out. Usually, the best way to resolve this problem is to clean these components, replace the plugs and see if things clear up.