Q: i put the car in drive and i was pulling out the parking lot and the brakes locked and the car started rolling backwards

asked by on November 01, 2017

I was parked and turned the car on and put it in drive and released the brakes and pressed the accelerate and it didnt move and i tried pushing the brakes and the brakes locked and then the car started rolling back wards and the curb stopped the car and i turned it off and back on and it started working normaly but i want to know what caused it

Brake safety Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

A few different things may cause the brakes to stick or lock up. The master cylinder may be causing this if it has not been properly bled. If you loosen the lines to the master cylinder and they free up, this is where your problem stems from. In other cases, the problem may be in the brake lines cause the pressure to continue to maintain in the caliper resulting in them sticking as well. Try cracking the bleeder valve to see if this frees them up. If this does not free them up, you may have a caliper that could have a damaged piston that may be causing them to stick. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your braking system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr