Q: Aftermarket headlamps, right parking light, and left parking light dashboard messages are on.

asked by on February 16, 2017

I recently purchased a 2008 Audi A4 with aftermarket headlamps (replaced the parking lights with LED rather than regular bulbs). and am getting the right parking light and left parking light messages on the dash with the annoying beeping. All of the lights are operating properly so I believe it may be a lower draw on the LEDs leading to the malfunction message. There is however a small red wire and small white wire leading to a small three prong female connector that is not attached to anything (On the headlamp harness, not the one coming from the fuse block). Any ideas on how I can correct this issue, or is there any way to at least stop it from chiming in the cabin that is easy?

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The message is on for the lights are not completing a circuit from the switch to the lights. Check all of the wiring on the lights and see if all of them are plugged in properly. Then look for any wiring that is disconnected that is in the streams of the light circuits. For the harness that you found, turn on the lights and use a test light and see if there is power on the harness. Then turn off the lights and see if the power goes away. If the power is operated by the light switch, then the harness is unplugged and that would be the reason the message is on. Otherwise, a loose connection or damaged wire will also cause the message to come on. If you need further assistance with the message on for the lights, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.