Q: Steering issues

My power steering pump recently went out, I fixed it (new) but still no power steering I then changed my rack an pinion (used but good condition) and it still did not change very much, I then found out my strut bracket is stuck an my spring moves when the wheels are turned I was woundering if that bracket could cause a stiff steering wheel

The spring is compressed between the spring seat on the strut and a top cap that is held on by the strut retaining nut. When you turn the wheel the spring will move as the strut itself moves. So, movement of the spring is normal and expected. However, at the top of the strut there is a strut mount (to the body) that contains a strut bearing. If that bearing in the strut mount were seized or there is otherwise binding at that point, then yes, you could experience added steering effort. Other causes of the difficulty you describe include trapped air in the power steering system and/or a loose power steering belt. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a hard steering diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.