Q: Car leaking water/coolant

asked by on February 22, 2016

My car is leaking water/coolant from the center front of the car. It's not overheating, but there is a rise in temperature higher than normal.

Coolant can leak from a variety of places on the engine: Gaskets, seals, hoses, and the radiator are all suspect. The cooling system will need to be inspected to find the leak. I would not delay getting this repaired; a small leak that is inexpensive to fix can damage the engine if it gets too hot. If you would like to have your coolant leak inspected and repaired, consider YourMechanic - our mechanics provide diagnostics at your home or office.