Q: changed out a dead battery on a 2013 Ford fiesta, got the wrench light warning now it won't change out of second gear

O changed out a dead battery and got the wrench light warning. Now it will not shift past second gear.

Hi Gary. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually, a damaged transmission position sensor will cause the symptoms you’re describing, but it’s very odd for a battery replacement to activate this problem. It’s possible that this issue is non-related. The wrench light is a warning light indicator that is activated when an OBD-II trouble code is triggered. It’s quite possible that the code will lead you to the source of the transmission issue.