Q: What are some reasons why the remote vehicle start won’t work?

What are some reasons why the remote vehicle start won’t work?

A: The remote vehicle start feature allows you...

The remote vehicle start feature allows you to turn on your vehicle using only your remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter. However, the remote vehicle start will not work if any of these conditions are met: 1. The RKE transmitter is out of range (195 feet), or the range is compromised by something such as a radio tower. 2. The shifter is not in P (Park). 3. A key is currently in the ignition. 4. One or more of the doors, hood, or trunk is open. 5. The oil pressure is too low. 6. The coolant temperature is too high. 7. The hazard warning flashers are currently on. 8. The emission control system is not functioning properly. 9. The remote vehicle start has already been used twice.