Q: 2011 Porsche Panamera has check engine light and fault transmission light on. Vehicle was past due for an oil change but doubt tha

Hi, I drove my 2011 Porsche Panamera for a good 30 Miles before I came to a stop, turned it off, and when I got back in the car, as I powered it on the check engine light and fault transmission light came on. I put the gear on drive and none of the tires would move. I had to get it towed to where I regularly get maintainance done and they’re telling me my car needs a complete new transmission. They said that it could be a fault within the internal clutches or that the hydronic system has failed. They also mentioned something about a double clutch transmission and PDK calibration failure but that they don’t know what’s not letting the transmission run and only way to check is if they pretty much tear the car up from in-out... The vehicle has never had any problems but I was up past due for an oil change and was below minimum of it but I doubt that might’ve been the case. Please help as soon as possible. Best Regards thank you for you time.

Based on the fact that your vehicle would not move, I would say a transmission problem is likely the cause. However it would not hurt to get a second opinion from another mechanic to determine if the recommendations match up.