Q: wrench light came on, what does it mean?

what causes the wrench light to come on?

Hello. The wrench light Illuminating on your particular vehicle is very similar to a check engine light. When the wrench light comes on the vehicle may go automatically into limp mode. Limp mode is when a vehicle will limit the capabilities of the engine and transmission in order to reduce mechanical stress on the possible failing components. The wrench light will come on due to low voltage in your system, low boost, abnormal temperature differences between the block and cylinder head, or faulty oil cooler. As a check engine light would, a wrench light illumination will have fault codes in the computer memory which a technician can retrieve to further diagnose your vehicle. Please keep in mind that YourMechanic provide such diagnosis.

You are able to find a technician and schedule an appointment here

https://www.yourmechanic.com

3. wrench light came on, what does it mean?