Q: Oil pressure sensor or oil pump

My car still runs perfectly fine when warmed up. But there is a ticking and I have no oil pressure. My dip stick reads full but I think I'm not getting any oil to top end of motor. I can still drive it but I need it fixed asap. Would my oil pressure sensor cause this? Or is it stocked up?

A: If you have low oil pressure indication and...

If you have low oil pressure indication and getting engine noise then the oil pump is most likely the cause and not the oil sending unit. In order to verify the cause the oil pressure would need to be checked at the oil pressure sender port. A mechanic like one from YourMechanic can come to you and verify the low oil pressure is due to the oil pump or another internal engine issue like bad main and rod bearings.