Q: Loud banging noise accelerating

I finally bought the Suzuki of my dreams and when I started it up it idles nicely. But when I press on the accelerator I hear a loud banging noise. I have been looking around in my engine for what might be causing the noise and took the oil pan off. There is no metal debris in it. Do you know what might be causing the noise?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1988 Suzuki Samurai. With the engine reassembled, full of oil running at the proper temperature, the noise can be tracked down. If the engine makes the same noise with the serpentine belt removed, there may be an issue related to the engine internals. A mobile technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s noise and make the necessary repairs.