Q: Jeep has mph and gas gauge broken, has a death wobble, and is stuck on 2nd just want to see how much that would cost me

Someone is selling a Jeep Cherokee for 700 with mph and gas gauge that won’t tell them how fast or how much gas they have and also has the death wobble, and it seems to be stuck in 2 gear, I want to see how much it would cost to fix

Hi Ricky. Thanks for contacting us tonight. I’ve forwarded your question to our sales and service department to see if they can put together an estimate for you. There are several possible reasons why the speedometer and fuel tank isn’t working - so without knowing for certain, it’s hard for us to give you an estimate. In regards to the death wobble that Jeep’s are known for - there are several reasons. Vehicles that are equipped with oversized tires have excessive weight at the front wheels -- the weight that the manufacturer didn’t intend. This can produce excessive steering feedback at a rapid frequency, which can be uncontrollable. It is called a ‘death wobble’ due to its frightening and often dangerous shaking. A steering damper assists in solving a death wobble, and many trucks and SUV’s are equipped with one. A steering stabilizer absorbs much of the vibration that causes a death wobble due to the dampening effects of a fluid-charged cylinder. Its design is essentially that of a suspension system’s shock absorber, which eliminates bounce in a vehicle.

3. Jeep has mph and gas gauge broken, has a death wobble, and is stuck on 2nd just want to see how much that would cost me