Q: Low oil pressure light but full oil.

asked by on February 09, 2018

Jeep won't turn over. Two faults reading, low oil pressure and low battery voltage. The oil on the dipstick reads full and the electronics in the car work fine when I turn the key. Is the oil likely not getting to the motor or could a sensor be broken? What's the easiest way to diagnose the problem?

It is possible that the low voltage from the battery may be altering the reading from the oil pressure sensor. I would suggest manually checking the oil via the dipstick and using that as a reading as to the oil volume. It is likely that if the battery is low or weak, this may be causing the motor not to turn over simply due to a lack of power. I would suggest having the battery loaded tested to ensure that it has the proper voltage necessary to turn the motor over.