Q: Car broke down. Replaced belt and alternator, still doesn't start.

My car broke down on the freeway and I had to have it towed home. Even though I have had the serpentine belt and alternator replaced the car still does not start.

It is always a concerning situation to have your car break down, it is even worse when that happens on the freeway! Luckily, getting your car inspected by a certified mechanic can bring some needed relief with such a situation. There can be several possibilities as to why your Scion won’t start so I am unable to narrow it down to one or two issues here. Having a good alternator and serpentine belt can help assist with keeping the car running while it is already in motion, but they do not play a big part in getting the car to start. Enlisting the help of a certified automotive technician will allow someone with professional knowledge and tools to investigate why your xB is not starting up.