Q: Car broke down. Replaced belt and alternator, still doesn't start.

My car broke down on the freeway and I had to have it towed home. Even though I have had the serpentine belt and alternator replaced the car still does not start.

It is always a concerning situation to have your car break down, it is even worse when that happens on the freeway! Luckily, getting your car inspected by a certified mechanic can bring some needed relief with such a situation. There can be several possibilities as to why your Scion won’t start so I am unable to narrow it down to one or two issues here. Having a good alternator and serpentine belt can help assist with keeping the car running while it is already in motion, but they do not play a big part in getting the car to start. Enlisting the help of a certified automotive technician will allow someone with professional knowledge and tools to investigate why your xB is not starting up.

3. Car broke down. Replaced belt and alternator, still doesn't start.