Q: Car dies

asked by on March 24, 2016

My car keeps dying.

There could be quite a few things that can cause this. Reading out faults from the engine computer will be key to guiding the diagnosis in the right direction. Depending on when the stalling occurs -- at idle, part load, or wide open throttle -- will direct where to look. For instance, if the stalling occurs only at idle, the throttle may be suspect, whereas if the stalling occurs under heavy throttle or load, the fuel delivery system may need to be looked at.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the diagnostic tools available and the training necessary to track down the cause of the stalling.