Q: VSC light on

asked by on February 09, 2016

VSC light is lit up on the dashboard. The car won't start after dying while driving.

The VSC light streams for vehicle stability control. This light will set if the computer sees a problem with the VSC system such as a wheel speed sensor or a broken tone ring which is a small ring located on the axle or inside the bearing. The dying while out driving issue sounds like a different problem like maybe a failing alternator not continuously feeding the starting charging system. A proper diagnostic inspection of your stalling issue and VSC light should be carried out to ensure the proper operation of both systems.