My air doesn't work all the time 2010 blower motors l4-2....

Q: My air doesn't work all the time

asked by on June 15, 2017

I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger. My air first started only working when it was on high and now it only works when I'm going fast like on the interstate, basically anything over 50 mph give or take. But if I'm driving slower or if I'm on a road with a lot of stop lights, the air won't work. I'm not sure what could be the problem since it works sometimes. Thank you!

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are a few more bits of information that we need to try and help guide you. If by not having air, you mean that the air stops blowing, then you have an issue with the blower motor or its circuit. If you are not getting cold air from you air conditioning, then you need to turn your attention to that system rather than the blower motor. With that being said, the blower motor and its switch will be the first components that need to be tested if you suspect it. If you suspect the air conditioner, start with the compressor and the condenser. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.