Q: Why would my AdvanceTrac and ABS warning lights came on the exact same time?

asked by on September 27, 2017

My ABS and AdvanceTrac warning lights came on at the exact same time. Could this be a sensor?

Hi Barbara. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually when both of these warning lights illuminate, it’s due to a wheel or speed sensor failure - as both contribute to the Advance Trac and ABS system. It’s also possible that the ABS module is faulty - as it also impacts the operation of both systems. If the lights are illuminated, then an OBD-II trouble code has been created and stored in the ECU. A professional mechanic can complete a warning light inspection at your location to determine what caused the codes, which should lead them to a repair that will resolve both issues.

The ABS and advanced track share the same module and sensors to work correctly. You may have a sensor issue but would need to have ABS system tested for codes to see what code is stored and get the code tested to find the cause of the problem.