Can I use the engine from a Ford F-150 v6 in a Ford Explo...

Q: Can I use the engine from a Ford F-150 v6 in a Ford Explorer?

asked by on August 27, 2017

Can I use the engine from a Ford F-150 v6 in a Ford Explorer?

Hi TJ. It depends on which year, and model of V-6 engine you are talking about. If the engine is the same size, and has the same motor mount locations, then in regards to fitting, it should be compatible. However, the biggest problem most engine swaps like this have is compatibility with electrical sensors and systems. You might want to consult with a professional engine swap company, as this is not a service we offer.