Q: I have a,2004 Cadillac CTS,. there is a whining noise coming from the rear tire passenger side- what could it be ?

I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS. There is a whining noise coming from the rear tire passenger side. At one time it was leaking a small amount of fluid on the inside of the tire - there is brake fluidcin the cylinder. what could it be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. When it comes to potential brake issues, you want to have it looked at as soon as possible. The brake system is THE most important safety feature on the vehicle. If you have leaking brake fluid at that tire, you want to make sure the bleeder valve is shut. If it is the valve that is leaking you will want to have it replaced. As far as the squeaking is concerned, it could be from debris caught in the pads, worn pads, from the brake fluid leaking, or other more serious issues relating to the potential leak. The brake system relies on the hydraulic fluid to be closed system in order to work. With a leak in the system, the entire system is at risk. Have the brakes inspected, and make the appropriate repairs ASAP. For help with an inspection and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• I have a,2004 Cadillac CTS,. there is a whining noise coming from the rear tire passenger side- what could it be ?