Q: Are there different chips used in keys for a Honda accord EX 2005 ? IF SO , HOW CAN I DETERMINE WHICH KEY CHIP TYPE I HAVE ?

asked by on February 07, 2018

Do they use different types of chips in the 2005 Honda Accord model if so how can I determine which type chip I have. I have bought a new key fob but, I was told i have the wrong type chip.. Can anybody help me with this?

If you bought an aftermarket key FOB then there is no guarantee they will match the manufacturer key FOB. The FOB should be the same for 2003 to 2007 Accords and have not changed. They will need to be programmed to work with your car.