Q: Belt tensioner broke 2006 Cadillac DTS

If the belt tensioner Break while your driving does it cause your car to run hot

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $95.44 - $301.27 Get a Quote

Hello - yes, the serpentine belt (aka accessory drive belt) drives your water pump as well as the alternator, power steering pump, etc. Failure of the belt or tensioner means hot water in the engine is not pumped to the radiator where the heat can be dissipated from the vehicle. Overheating occurs rather quickly- a few minutes is typical. For repair, I recommend a serpentine belt & tensioner replacement service performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.