Q: Replaced thermostat, no leaks,coolant full, still overheats, no water in oil, stumped, sensor maybe?

asked by on December 24, 2016

I replaced thermostat filled coolant, no leaks anywhere, no water in oil, still registering hot ,could it be a sensor?

If the vehicle is registering it is hot and it is just started then you will need to scan and test the temperature sensor to see if the sensor is causing gauge to say hot when it is not or engine is overheating due to another reason like a fan is not working. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic check the system to see if sensor related or not.