Q: What is the battery saver function on my car?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What is the battery saver function on my car?

Your car is equipped with a battery saver function to help prevent the battery in the car from dying, as well as the battery in your remote/electronic key. This is a handy thing to have, but you need to know a few things. Here are the conditions that will put your car into battery saver mode:

• You haven’t used the car in at least 2 weeks.

• The electronic key is within 10 feet of the car and hasn’t been used in 10 minutes.

Battery saver mode will be discontinued when the any of the following situations takes place:

• You unlock the car with the door handle.

• You lock or unlock the car with the remote.

• You lock or unlock the car with the metal key (either your integrated key or the mechanical key insert).