Q: Q: Power steering not working.

The Power Steering Assist Default light is coming up on the dash. Also, the Service Advancetrac light is coming up as well. The car has no power steering and the wheel is very difficult to turn.

It does not sound very fun to drive your vehicle right now! Your Fusion uses an electrically assisted power steering system, rather the standard hydraulic power steering system that is found on most cars. After doing some research on the symptoms your Fusion is experiencing, and though I do not see any technical service bulletins or recalls pertaining to your issue, it is indeed a known issue that Ford is aware of. The origin of the problem may lay in a faulty connection with the electric motor or the problem with the computer that assists the power steering. Along with these known issues, the Fusion is also know for defects in the steering gears as well. Due to this being a serious safety concern, I highly recommend enlisting the help of a certified mechanic to inspect and diagnose your steering wheel to get you back on the road safely.

3. Q: Power steering not working.