Q: The car I want to buy has a blown head gasket and doesn't want to start.

asked by on December 21, 2015

I am thinking of buying a 2006 Chrysler 300. The car in question has a blown head gasket and will not start. How much would it cost to fix the gasket and engine?

I would be hesitant on buying a car with a blown head gasket. There may be more damage internally in the engine because it has allowed water to get in the oil system and can wear out bearings and may not be easily fixed. A blown head gasket could mean that the engine was overheated and warped the heads or block as well.