Q: Car not going into park.

I have an automatic transmission. My car won't go into park and barely goes into first gear.

Hi there. The shift linkage would need to be inspected for bad end bushings that might have falling apart. The bushings hold the transmission linkage and the shifter linkage together. When the bushings go bad, it will make selecting park and first gear a really difficult task. The problem will continue to get worse to the point where you wont be able to shift and your vehicle might not crank either. The problems above can be fixed by a certified mechanic, have them inspect the failing bushings in your vehicle to eliminate any further complications. The problems above can be fixed by a certified mechanic, have them inspect the shifting problem with your vehicle to eliminate any further complications.

3. Car not going into park.