Q: Massive hesitation between 1-2 shifting and nearly dies occassionally at stop.

After replacing IAC and TPS all new coil pack wires and plugs brake booster, clutch, still throwing codes that make very little sense to me i'm very stuck./
It has thrown following codes using ignition on-off trick: 12, 31(gas cap?), 32, 33, 54 Code 32 is an EGR code and i wasn't aware the neon had an EGR? The A/C works very well so ac clutch relay is very weird...cam signal at PCM... None of this makes sense on its own let alone why the vehicle is hesitating so drastically. Looking for some ideas

Hi there. It seems that the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Valve is stuck and not allowing the engine to run good causing the engine to hesitate, especially when shifting. Take the EGR off and clean it. Then put it back on and recheck the conditions. If the same code is on and will not clear, then I recommend replacing the EGR Valve.

If you need further assistance with your engine hesitating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Massive hesitation between 1-2 shifting and nearly dies occassionally at stop.